Corporate Tax Returns - S Corps

Corporate tax preparation

Preparing and filing an S corp tax return can be daunting. Below are answers to some of the common question about corporate income taxes. To get help filing your corporate tax return, call William McConnaughy, CPA now at 916-979-7645 or request a free consultation online.

Form 1120S contains 6 parts and multiple schedules with questions about income and expenses, your accounting method, business activity, payments for services, and much more. Correctly completing this form according to current IRS tax guidelines is essential since tax code regulations change constantly. A tax professional who specializes in corporate tax preparation is best suited to help you stay compliant and keep your taxes as low as legally possible.

For the average business owner, filing corporate taxes is complex and time consuming, even with the best online tax software. Contact William McConnaughy, CPA for trusted corporate tax return services at economical rates.

Below are answers to some of the common question about corporate income taxes.

What form is used to file taxes for an S corporation?

IRS Form 1120S is the form required by the IRS.

When are my corporate taxes due?

Form 1120S typically must be filed on March 15th.

What information do I need to file Form 1120S?

We'll need the following information:

  • Date of S corp election
  • Employer Identification Number (EIN)
  • Details about your business activity (products and/or services you offer)
  • Sharholder information and W-9s
  • P&L statement
  • Balance sheet report
  • Fixed asset purchases report
  • Payroll expense report
  • Form 1099s for an independent contractors
  • Prior year tax returns